All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing 37 essays by distinguished literary scholars, A Companion to the American Novel provides a comprehensive single-volume treatment of the development of the vel in the United States from the late 18th century to the present day. Represents the most comprehensive single-volume introduction to this popular literary form currently available Features 37 contributions from a wide range of distinguished literary scholars Includes essays on topics and genres, historical overviews, and key individual works, including The Scarlet Letter, Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby, Beloved , and many more.
- Author BiographyAlfred Bendixen is Professor of English at Texas A & M University, and Founder and Excutive Director of the American Literature Association. His books include Haunted Women (1985), an edition of the composite novel, The Whole Family (1986), The Amber Gods and other stories by Harriet Prescott Spofford (1989), and Edith Wharton: New Critical Eassays (1992), A Companion to the American Short Story (co-edited with James Nagel), published by Wiley-Blackwell 2010 and The Cambridge Companion to American Travel Writing (coedited with Judith Hamera in 2009).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1214 g
- Width176 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAlfred Bendixen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.