All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume on the so-called Gawain -poet offer introductions to Sir Gawain and the Green Knight , Pearl , Cleanness and Patience , providing both information and analysis. The topics include theories of authorship, the historical and social background to the poems (with individual sections on particularly important features within them), gender roles in the poems, the manuscript itself, the meter and vocabulary and dialect of the poems, and their sources. A section devoted to Sir Gawain investigates the ideas of courtesy and chivalry found within it, and explores some of its later adaptations from the 15th to the 20th century.
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleArthurian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.38.
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD.S. Brewer
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDerek Brewer,Jonathan Gibson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.