All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis illustrated reference compiles more than 2000 collective uns and brings them to life in stunningly colourful, graphic artwork from the design dynamos at Woop Studios. Chock-full of treasures of the English language, the diversity of terms collected here covers topics from plants and animals (a parade of elephants, a stand of trees) to people and things (a pomposity of professors, an exultation of fireworks) and range from the familiar (a pride of lions) to the downright obscure (an ooze of amoebas). Pronunciations, definitions, etymologies and historical anecdotes throughout make the book as entertaining to read as it is beautiful to look at.
- Author BiographyWoop Studios was founded in June 2010 by Miraphora Mina, Eduardo Lima, Mark Faulkner, and Harriet Logan. Their main output are the wildly popular collective nouns prints which also grace the pages of the celebrated children's book A Zeal of Zebras. As MinaLima Design, Mira and Eduardo have spent the last decade working as graphic designers on the Harry Potter film franchise. They designed the Marauder's Map, The Daily Prophet, and the invitation to the Yule ball.
- Author(s)Woop Studios
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Note115 plates + spot art
- Weight1016 g
- Width184 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.