All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionRonnie Leigh is born with a disfigured face and a questionable gift of unusual intuition inherited from his mother. He gets off to a rocky start in life, with behavioral and personality problems compounded in that he kws, from an early age, that most people are immediately put off by his appearance...and that some even dislike him on sight. With the help of his understanding and loving parents and a caring child psychologist, Ronnie learns to appreciate what he does have, and t dwell on what he does t. What he has innately are intelligence and athletic ability, and what he learns through early adversity are persistence, perspective, the value of hard work in the classroom and on the baseball field...and, for him especially, the healing, calming, and strengthening power of vigorous exercise, beyond what most people are capable of. Ronnie struggles to make close friends, even as strives to advance as a pitcher in the Boston Red Sox mir-league system. Meanwhile, he has a good heart, extraordinary fighting skills, and that gift/curse of special intuition...the combination of which forces him to make some difficult decisions, and eventually to undertake some dangerous and extreme but ultimately necessary actions.
- Author(s)Michael a Connelly
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.