A Complete ABA Curriculum for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum with a Developmental Age of 1-4 Years: A Step-by-Step Treatment Manual Including Supporting Materials for Teaching 140 Foundational Skill by Julie Knapp, Carolline Turnbull (Paperback, 2014)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped for individuals on the autism spectrum with a developmental age of approximately 1-4 years, this comprehensive ABA curriculum contains everything needed to teach foundational level skills such as appropriate sitting, attention, eye contact, motor skills, basic receptive and expressive language skills, play, and foundational skills of daily living. Evidence-based, the resource guides instructors step-by-step through using ABA to teach over 140 foundational skills. The program can be individualized to meet the needs and interests of the individual, and instructions are given on how to do this. Online downloadable content contains the teaching materials needed to implement the program, including over 1000 color picture cards, handy printable copies of the curriculum programs, data forms and checklists. The authors also provide guidance on creating an effective ABA teaching environment, as well as a wealth of practical teaching strategies for ensuring therapy success. This is an unparalleled resource for professionals working with children with ASDs who are looking for a robust and ready-to-implement ABA curriculum. It will be a valuable tool for behaviour analysts, teachers, psychologists, occupational therapists and students in these fields, as well as to parents working with professionals to implement an ABA program.
- Author BiographyDr. Julie Knapp, Ph.D., BCBA-D is a Pediatric Neuropsychologist and Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctorate. She is Executive Director of the Knapp Center for Childhood Development located in Boardman, OH, which specializes in the diagnosis, neuropsychological assessment and treatment of children with autism spectrum disorders. Dr. Knapp offers an International ABA Program assisting families from other parts of the world to travel to the US for ABA therapy. She offers remote training and supervision on ABA programs through a HIPPA secure website to families across the world who otherwise cannot find local ABA therapy or who wants expert advice on their program. Dr. Knapp is also a Consultant at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital and holds an appointment at Case Western Reserve University. Carolline Turnbull, BA, BCaBA is a Board Certified Associate Behavior Analyst at KidsLink Neurobehavioral Center in Twinsburg, OH. Carolline is a behavior consultant for home and school based consultation and developed a dance class for children ages 3-6 with varying disabilities and their neurotypical peers. She completed her Bachelor's degree in speech pathology and audiology at Kent State University and her course work for her BCaBA at Florida Institute of Technology. Carolline has worked in the area of behavioral management of children and young adults with developmental disabilities for 15 years.
- Author(s)Carolline Turnbull,Julie Knapp
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleA Journey of Development Using ABA
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight1247 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.