Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSign Language Interpreting in Europe gives an overview of the organizations, training programs, registries, sign language recognition, and the employment situations of Sign Language interpreters in 40 European regions & countries. Both qualitative and quantitative survey data serve as a basis for an in-depth analysis of the current state of affairs as well as future trends. The fourth such survey held in twelve years, the 2012 edition also lists data from previous surveys in order to visualize long-term changes in the field. In addition, this data allows you to make at-a-glance comparisons between individual countries. Sign Language Interpreting in Europe is based on a 2012 survey that was held among 40 national and regional organizations of Sign Language interpreters in 35 European countries. The findings of the survey were supplemented with information found in several media publications on Sign Language Interpreting throughout Europe. For each sold publication 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the European Forum of Sign Language Interpreters (efsli).
- Author BiographyMaya de Wit is a qualified Dutch Sign Language interpreter, RID Certified ASL interpreter and International Sign Interpreter working in the Netherlands and across Europe. In addition, she is an international trainer providing presentations and seminars on, amongst others, sign language user rights, cooperation between interpreters and consumers and sign language interpreting techniques and skills for specific settings. From 2006 till September 2012 Maya was president of the European Forum of Sign Language Interpreters (efsli). During her presidency she represented the interests of sign language interpreters at a European level, such as the Council of Europe, the European Commission and the European Parliament. Maya was also a board member of European Legal Interpreters and Translators Association (EULITA) and worked for ten years as the policy officer for the Dutch Association of Sign Language Interpreters (NBTG). In 2011 Maya obtained her MA in the first European Master of Sign Language Interpreting (EUMASLI). In her research she explored the sign language interpreter in inclusive education in relation to the view of Deaf persons on their quality of life. Her newest publication is 'A Comprehensive Guide to Sign Language Interpreting in Europe, the 2012 edition'.
- Author(s)Maya De Wit
- PublisherM. de Wit
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. de Wit
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.