All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFraudulent activity can approach you or your organization through a variety of avenues, ranging from the cyber world, social media, unsolicited e-mails, poor hiring practices, dishonest associates, and weak operating procedures. With a focus on prevention measures, A Comprehensive Look at Fraud Identification and Prevention presents proven tips, advice, and recommendations for fraud awareness, protection, and prevention. The book supplies a detailed examination of the wide range of threats that exist to provide you with a plan to protect the assets of your organization, and even your own assets, against the many faces of fraud in today's techlogically advanced environment. The many types of fraud covered include: * Employee theft and fraud * Organizational fraud * Identity theft and fraud * Fraud against the elderly * Internet, computer, and e-mail fraud * Ponzi and pyramid schemes The methods of prevention presented in the book are based on what is referred to as the path of least resistance. With fraud and other types of criminal activity, criminals take the path with the fewest barriers in their way. By implementing the methods presented in this book, you will be able to deter would-be criminals and send them on their way to search for easier targets with fewer barriers. Discussion categories include identification and prevention aspects for organizational and individual frauds along with the many avenues used to facilitate the attacks. Explaining how some fraud typologies can overlap and co-mingle, the book provides the methods you need to protect your organization, and yourself, from becoming a target and victim of fraud.
- Author BiographyJames Rick Youngblood, CPP, CFE, has extensive experience in the fields of loss prevention, security, investigations, law enforcement, and fraud. A retired chief warrant officer from the US Army with more than 21 years on active duty and in the National Guard as a CID (Criminal Investigation Command) special agent, Rick has authored numerous articles on the topics of fraud, security, and loss prevention for many national publications and has provided presentations on fraud, security, and loss prevention for many national and international organizations, including ASIS (Advancing Security Worldwide*), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Institute for International Research, and more. He is also a current and longtime member of the ASIS Crime and Loss Prevention Council and is a member of the ASIS Investigations Council.Rick holds a master's degree in financial management and a bachelor's degree in criminal justice/business management.
- Author(s)James R. Youngblood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.