All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.76
- AU $31.28Trending at AU $42.66
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.43
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $50.02
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $17.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe nuts and bolts of documentation for the three most popular systems--MLA, APA, and CMS (Chicago Manual of Style)--laid out in an exceptionally clear and easy-to-follow format. Why consult multiple (and often lengthy) style guides when you can see the three most widely-used methods, side by side, in this slim, focused volume by Larson? The book rightly divides the documentation process into two parts: In-Text Citation and Bibliographic Citation. Each part starts with a brief section on General Principles and then proceeds to give numerous common examples, where the exact same citation is seen three different ways, once each for MLA, APA, and CMS. And at the end of the book's second part are complete sample bibliographic pages for each of the three systems: a Works Cited page for MLA, a References page for APA, and a Notes page for CMS. This text is time and classroom-tested through Larson's long experience as an instructor of English at the college level. He kws what writers need to kw about documentation, and he kws how to communicate that in the clearest, most efficient way. If you are looking for a simple, one-volume source on documentation to take you through your college years and beyond, this book might be the only one you'll ever need.
- Author BiographyMichael Larson teaches English at Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical, in Winona, Minnesota. He holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing and a Master of Arts degree in English Literature. He is the author of a book of poems, WHAT WE WISH WE KNEW, a chapbook of poems, THE LIGHT REMAINING, and two forthcoming textbooks, DURABLE DESIGN: CLASSICAL ORATION FOR SPEECHES AND ESSAYS and ENGLISH GRAMMAR TABLES: A CONCISE VISUAL REFERENCE. Mr. Larson is also the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship in poetry, a Loft-McKnight fellowship in poetry, and an Iowa State Arts Board grant in fiction.
- Author(s)Michael J P Larson
- Date of Publication13/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.