All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Concise Introduction to American Foreign Policy provides a comprehensive picture of America's behavior in world affairs. It is designed to assist the reader to appreciate the complexity of both the domestic and external settings of American foreign policy. It emphasizes how American foreign and defense policy-making is accomplished. Uniquely, it provides a succinct survey of both the development and the characteristic patterns of American foreign policy. In doing so, it stresses the central themes of U.S. foreign policy and global experience, especially since the end of World War II. It concludes that rather than the emergence of a grand strategy to replace the cold war's policy of containment, a number of contending foreign policy approaches can be identified. It indicates how post-cold war managers of American foreign policy have pragmatically incorporated elements of the contending approaches into their policy.
- Author BiographyThe Author: F. Ugboaja Ohaegbulam is Professor of Government and International Affairs at the University of South Florida. He received his Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies, the University of Denver. He is widely published in professional journals and has contributed chapters to several books. He is the author of The Post-Colonial Era in Africa: Traumas and Opportunities; A Foreign Affairs Special Anthology; Towards an Understanding of the African Experience from Historical and Contemporary Perspectives; Nigeria and the UN Mission to the Democratic Republic of the Congo; and Nationalism in Colonial and Post-Colonial Africa. He has received several research and training grants, including those from the National Science Foundation, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Ford Foundation.
- Author(s)F. Ugboaja. Ohaegbulam
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight560 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.