All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for newcomers to computer science, A Concise Introduction to Programming in Python provides a succinct, yet complete, first course in computer science using the Python programming language. The book features: * Short, modular chapters with brief and precise explanations, intended for one class period * Early introduction of basic procedural constructs such as functions, selection, and repetition, allowing them to be used throughout the course * Objects are introduced in the middle of the course, and class design comes toward the end * Examples, exercises, and projects from a wide range of application domains, including biology, physics, images, sound, mathematics, games, and textual analysis * No external libraries are required, simplifying the book's use in common lab spaces Each chapter introduces a main idea through a concrete example and a series of exercises. Designed to teach programming in a concise, yet comprehensive way, this book provides a timely introduction for students and anyone interested in learning Python.
- Author BiographyMark J. Johnson is professor of computer science and mathematics at Central College in Pella, Iowa, where he holds the Ruth and Marvin Denekas Endowed Chair in Science and Humanities. Mark is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (Ph.D., mathematics) and St. Olaf College.
- Author(s)Mark J. Johnson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Textbooks in Computing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.