All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection celebrates the career of Professor Alan Dashwood, a leading member of the generation of British academics who organised, explained and analysed what we w call European Union law for the benefit of lawyers trained in the common law tradition. It takes as its starting point Professor Dashwood's vivid description of the European Union as a 'constitutional order of states'. He intended that phrase to capture the unique character of the Union. On the one hand, it is a supranational order characterised by its own distinctive institutional dynamics and an unprecedented level of cohesion among, and penetration into, the national legal systems. On the other hand, it remains an organisation of derived powers, the Member States retaining their character as sovereign entities under international law. This theme permeates both the constitutional and the substantive law of the Union. Contributors to the collection include members of the judiciary and distinguished practitioners, officials and academics. They consider the foundations, strengths, implications and shortcomings of this conceptual framework in various fields of EU law and policy. The collection is an essential purchase for anyone interested in the constitutional framework of the contemporary European Union.
- Author BiographyAnthony Arnull is Barber Professor of Jurisprudence at the University of Birmingham. Catherine Barnard is a Fellow of Trinity College and Professor in law, University of Cambridge. Michael Dougan is Dean of the Liverpool Law School and Professor of European Law at the University of Liverpool. Eleanor Spaventa is a Professor of Law at Durham University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/03/2011
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1128 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byAnthony Arnull,Catherine Barnard,Eleanor Spaventa,Michael Dougan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.