All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a corpus-based cognitive grammar account of the full range of minalizations predicated by English deverbal uns in -tion. Collectively, these minalizations make up a category whose internal structure is presented in the form of a schematic network model. In this model, the minalizations are characterized at varying levels of abstraction, from the topmost highly abstract all-embracing schema to its most specific low-level instantiations. In turn, the model s mid-level schemas embody generalizations over individual minalization kinds distinguished on the basis of their profile, i.e. the facet of the minalization s underlying process be it the trajector, the landmark, or the entire sequence of states making up this process which has been selected for reification.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michal Szawerna graduated from the Institute of English Studies at the University of Wroclaw (Poland) in 1994. In 2004 the author was awarded a doctoral degree in linguistics at the Philological Department of the University of Wroclaw. His research interests include morphological analysis conducted in the framework of cognitive grammar.
- Author(s)Michal Szawerna
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig.
- Weight370 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.