All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPart 1 begins with an overview of properties of the real numbers and starts to introduce the tions of set theory. The absolute value and in particular inequalities are considered in great detail before functions and their basic properties are handled. From this the authors move to differential and integral calculus. Many examples are discussed. Proofs t depending on a deeper understanding of the completeness of the real numbers are provided. As a typical calculus module, this part is thought as an interface from school to university analysis.Part 2 returns to the structure of the real numbers, most of all to the problem of their completeness which is discussed in great depth. Once the completeness of the real line is settled the authors revisit the main results of Part 1 and provide complete proofs. Moreover they develop differential and integral calculus on a rigorous basis much further by discussing uniform convergence and the interchanging of limits, infinite series (including Taylor series) and infinite products, improper integrals and the gamma function. In addition they discussed in more detail as usual motone and convex functions.Finally, the authors supply a number of Appendices, among them Appendices on basic mathematical logic, more on set theory, the Pea axioms and mathematical induction, and on further discussions of the completeness of the real numbers. Remarkably, Volume I contains ca. 360 problems with complete, detailed solutions.
- Author(s)Kristian P. Evans,Niels Jacob
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight1293 g
- Width165 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.