All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
About this product
- DescriptionChapters 1 and 2 of this book originated from a manuscript that was dis- tributed shortly before aseminar. Each of the participants had acquired a solid background in probability theory and statistics, yet the kwledge of point or counting processes was partly restricted to the homogeneous Poisson counting process buHt by partial sums of exponential random vari- ables. These preparations turned out to be successful and, consequently, there was time left during the seminar to study some of the topics outlined in Chapters 3-9. This story reveals the main intention of writing this book, namely, to facilitate first steps into the field of point processes. To avoid misunderstanding, this book is t written in an informal style but in strictly mathematical terms. The book provides extensive explana- tions and detailed proofs (including the discussion of measurability prob- lems, etc.) which will be helpful to gain insight on the subject. Although this book is of an introductionary nature it includes much new material and presents an elaboration of various topics in a way that cant be found elsewhere. A broader kwledge and deeper understanding of the subject may be gained by consulting well-kwn mographs such as those of Daley and Vere-Jones , Resnick , Matthes, Kerstan and Mecke , Karr , Kallenberg , among others, as weH as originalliterature. For that enterprise, introductory remarks about various specific topics and extensive references may serve as a guideline.
- Author(s)Rolf-Dieter Reiss
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight416 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.