All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays that comprise this collection offer a penetrating examination of the spiritual condition of 21st-century society and the modern Catholic Church. In a witty but soundly reasoned manner, the moral weakness that epitomizes the contemporary era is berated. Examples from the lives of figures from early and recent church history serve as parables for current cultural crises, and the voices of frustrated parishioners around the world give these situations immediacy. Each chapter vividly demonstrates that the moral dangers of post-Vatican II life are often disguised as mere alternatives rather than threats to the soul. This proposal offers an authentically Catholic way of responding to these ethical challenges and exhorts the faithful to move beyond romanticism about Vatican II and strive for lives of virtue that respond to the Church's call for effective evangelization.
- Author BiographyGeorge W. Rutler is the host of a weekly program on EWTN radio, a former columnist for Crisis magazine, and pastor of the Church of Our Saviour in midtown Manhattan. A convert from Anglicanism, he has written numerous books on Catholic history and lore, including Coincidentally. He lives in New York City. George Weigel is the author of 15 books including Against the Grain: Christianity and Democracy, War and Peace, The Courage to Be Catholic, and the New York Timesbestseller Witness to Hope. He is a distinguished senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, DC, and is regarded as one of America s most prominent public intellectuals. He lives in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Author(s)George William Rutler
- PublisherCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight254 g
- Width136 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byGeorge Weigel
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.