All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on recent debates in critical International Political Ecomy, this book mobilizes the idea that the ecomy does t exist separately from society and politics to develop a detailed intellectual history of how the ecomy came to be seen as an independent domain. In contrast to typical approaches to writing the history of ecomic thought, which assume the reality of the ecomy, the author describes the forms of intellectual argument that made it possible to conceive of the national and international ecomies as objects of intellectual inquiry. At the centre of this process was the analytical separation of power and wealth. Walter thus offers a broad historical perspective on the emergence of current IPE theory, while linking the field with contextualist intellectual history. This important and invative volume will be of strong interest to students and scholars of International Political Ecomy, International Relations, Ecomics, History and Political Theory.
- Author BiographyRyan Walter is Lecturer in the School of Politics and International Relations at the Australian National University. His research interests focus on the history of economic and political thought.
- Author(s)Ryan Walter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.