All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive introduction to coaching and mentoring, written by an experienced and multidisciplinary team. Taking you all the way through from the emerging theory to informed practice, it will show you the differing contexts of where, how and why coaching and mentoring take place. The book covers: * The multi-faceted origins and development of coaching and mentoring * Skills, purposes and outcomes of coaching and mentoring processes * The many settings in which they take place - public, private and voluntary * Coaching and mentoring's evidence base and how it is assessed * The professionalization of coaching and mentoring and a move towards integration Supported by a wide range of case studies, activities, further questions and topics for discussion, you will be able to apply everything you learn to the varied and nuanced practical situations coaching and mentoring occur in. This book is a comprehensive but accessible introduction. The authors take a critical approach and go beyond the basics, to support your development as a critically reflective practitioner. It is essential reading for those studying coaching and mentoring and professionals looking to integrate coaching and mentoring into their organizations.
- Author BiographyDavid Gray studied economics and history at the London School of Economics before commencing on a teaching career in further education. He then spent three years as a training manager at the London Stock Exchange before joining the University of Surrey as a lecturer. David is now Professor of Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at the University of Greenwich. His research interests, and publication record, include research methods, management learning (particularly coaching and mentoring), action learning, reflective learning, and learning in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). He has been involved in many empirical research studies over the last 20 years including projects across the European Union and more recently a national study into the triggers for SME success. Apart from research methods David has also written books and published articles on work-based learning, teacher education and coaching and mentoring. When not leading research projects he tries to play golf. Bob Garvey is Professor of Business Education at York St John Business School. He works with a range of people, either one-to-one or in groups. He is an EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council) member and formerly the editor of the International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching. Bob is obsessed with coaching and mentoring!
- Author(s)David A. Lane,David E. Gray,Robert Garvey
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.