All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential essay on John Champlain Gardner's Grendel. This scholarly piece examines John Champlain Gardner's attack on existential nihilism in his satiric work Grendel. This lengthy commentary has been referenced in numerous critical works on Gardner's classic about an existential monster who chooses to construct a world view based on chaos, violence, and absolute anarchy.
- Author BiographyA Critical Look at John Gardner's Grendel is Michael Segedy's second book. Hampton Road is his first novel and Evil's Root, a political thriller set in Peru, is his second novel. Other works of his include Teaching Literature and Writing in the Secondary Classroom and Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson with Introduction, Notes, and Lessons by Michael Segedy. Most of his adult life, Michael has lived overseas (Peru, Morocco, Israel, and Taiwan) teaching high school literature and technology. Michael has published numerous academic articles about literature and writing and an annotated edition of Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson. In 1985, Gwendolyn Brooks, poet laureate of Illinois, presented him with Virginia English Bulletin's first place writing award. Michael and his family currently live in Lima, Peru, and with his family's support and encouragement he hopes soon to begin his third novel.
- Author(s)Michael Segedy
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.