All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA real classic among Highland books, A Croft in the Hills captures, in simple, moving descriptions, what it was really like trying to make a living out of a hill croft fifty years ago. A couple and their young daughter, fresh from city life, immerse themselves in the practicalities of looking after sheep, cattle and hens, mending fences, baking bread and surviving the worst that Scottish winters can throw at them.
- Author BiographyKatherine Stewart lived on a croft at Abriachan, near Loch Ness, for many years. This book is the first in a series, which includes A Garden in the Hills, A School in the Hills and The Post in the Hills. She has since helped to set up a crofting museum in Abriachan. Now living in Inverness, she recently celebrated her 90th birthday.
- Author(s)Katharine Stewart
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication13/03/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.