All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe eagerly awaited for seventh book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, A Crown of Swords, The New York Times bestseller that swept the nation like a firestorm. In this volume, Elayne, Aviendha, and Mat come ever closer to the bowl ter'angreal that may reverse the world's endless heat wave and restore natural weather. Egwene begins to gather all manner of women who can channel--Sea Folk, Windfinders, Wise Ones, and some surprising others. And above all, Rand faces the dread Forsaken Sammael, in the shadows of Shadar Logoth, where the blood-hungry mist, Mashadar, waits for prey.
- Author BiographyRobert Jordan was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He is a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with V and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm. A history buff, he has also written dance and theater criticism and enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting.Robert Jordan began writing in 1977 and went on to write The Wheel of Time(r), one of the most important and best selling series in the history of fantasy publishing with over 14 million copies sold in North America, and countless more sold abroad.Robert Jordan died on September 16, 2007, after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.Kate Reading is the recipient of multiple AudioFile Earphones Awards and has been named by AudioFile magazine as a Voice of the Century, as well as the Best Voice in Science Fiction & Fantasy in 2008 and 2009. Her audiobook credits include reading for such authors as Jane Austen, Robert Jordan, Edith Wharton, and Sophie Kinsella. She has performed at numerous theaters in Washington D.C. and received a Helen Hayes Award for her performance in Aunt Dan and Lemon.Michael Kramer has narrated over 100 works for many bestselling authors. He has received Audiofile magazine's Earphones Award for the Kent Family series by John Jakes and for Alan Fulsom's The Day After Tomorrow. He has also read for Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time fantasy-adventure series. His work includes recording books for the Library of Congress's Talking Books program for the blind and physically handicapped. Michael also works as an actor in the Washington, D.C. area, where he lives with his wife, Jennifer Mendenhall, and their two children. He has appeared as Lord Rivers in Richard III at The Shakespeare Theatre, Howie/Merlin in The Kennedy Center's production of The Light of Excalibur, Sam Riggs and Frederick Savage in Woody Allen's Central Park West/Riverside Drive, and Dr. Qari Shah in Tony Kushner's Homebody/Kabul at Theatre J.
- Author(s)Professor of Theatre Studies and Head of the School of Theatre Studies Robert Jordan
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleWheel of Time
- Series Part/Volume Number07
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight649 g
- Width130 mm
- Height149 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Read byKate Reading,Michael Kramer
- Contained items statement24 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1860
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.15
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.83
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.32Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.