Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe book, A Cry in the Night, based on the murder of a seventeen year old civil rights participant, provides a general background on the life of Negros in Canton, Mississippi during the Jim Crow era. The city of Canton, w the city of lights was once a city embedded in darkness as Negros struggled for justice and equality. It focuses primarily on the role of the civil rights movement dealing with boycott, integration, voter registration, and death. Recommend for general reading.
- Author BiographyI was born in Belzoni, Mississippi in 1953. The family moved to Madison County ten miles west of Canton, Mississippi in 1956. However, school years were spent at Cameron Street Elementary, Rogers Junior-Senior Colored, and Canton Public High Schools. I received an extensive education from Mississippi College, Jackson State University, and Walden University. I currently hold degrees in Business Administration and Instructional Design and Technology with a specialist in Training Development and Performance Improvement, an Ed.D. concentration in Educational Technology. My lifetime achievement includes, but is not limited to, the Civil Rights Crusade, business development, curriculum design and development, corporate training, research, program evaluation, instructional design and development, technical writing, competency-based instruction, supervisory/management in customer care instructions, leadership and diversity training, and creative problem solving skills in an Andragogy learning environment.
- Author(s)Mary S Brown Durr
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.