All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShi-xu critiques universalism in discourse studies in terms of the cultural consequences of its current white, western standpoint and advocates a culturally pluralist approach, a theory and research methodology from an invative position between Eastern and Western cultures. Practical research strategies are illustrated by examples drawn from culturally wide ranging discourses. This is a book to interest any scholar or student of discourse looking outside their own intellectual tradition.
- Author BiographySHI-XU is Professor and Director of the Institute of Discourse and Cultural Studies, Zhejiang University, China, and was previously Research Fellow at the University of Amsterdam, Lecturer at the National University of Singapore, and Reader at the University of Ulster, UK. His other books in English include Cultural Representations, Read the Cultural Other (lead-editor) and Discourse as Cultural Struggle (editor). He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Multicultural Discourses.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication10/12/2004
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.