All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Cultural History of Gardens presents an authoritative survey from ancient times to the present. This set of six volumes covers over 2,500 years of gardens as physical, social and artistic spaces. 1. A Cultural History of Gardens in Antiquity 2. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Medieval Age 3. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Renaissance 4. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Age of Enlightenment 5. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Age of Empire 6. A Cultural History of Gardens in the Modern Age Each volume discusses the same themes in its chapters: 1. Design 2. Types of Gardens 3. Planting 4. Use and Reception 5. Meaning 6. Verbal Representations 7. Visual Representations 8. Gardens and the Larger Landscape This structure means readers can either have a broad overview of a period by reading a volume or follow a theme through history by reading the relevant chapter in each volume. Superbly illustrated, the full six-volume set combines to present the most authoritative and comprehensive survey available on gardens through history.
- Author BiographyMichael Leslie was Professor of English at Rhodes College, USA. John Dixon Hunt is Professor Emeritus at the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- Series TitleThe Cultural Histories Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note264 bw illus
- Weight3571 g
- Width173 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine91 mm
- Edited byJohn Dixon Hunt,Michael Leslie
- Contained items statementContains 6 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.