All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Enlightenment raised fundamental quetions about what it meant to be human in a truly global world. At the heart of debates about nature, culture and history, the garden offered itself as a practical demonstration, a living experiment, and a site of debate and discourse. The design, planting, experience and representation of contemporary gardens in Europe, China and North America reveal intense contributions to debates on aesthetics, both personal and national politics, and on the shaping of nature.
- Author BiographyStephen Bending is a Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Southampton. He is the author of Women, Gardens and Eighteenth-Century Culture, and co-editor of Writing Rural England 1500-1800.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCultural Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Weight726 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byStephen Bending
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.