All listings for this product
About this product
- Description***LONG-LISTED FOR THE NATIONAL BOOK AWARD*** A man and a woman have moved into a small house in a small village. The woman is an examiner, charged with teaching the man a series of simple functions this is a chair, this is a fork, this is how you meet people. Still, the man is haunted by strange dreams, and when he meets a charismatic, volatile young woman named Hilda at a party, it throws everything he has learned into question. What is this village? And why is he here? A fascinating vel of love, illness, despair, and betrayal, A Cure for Suicide is the most captivating vel yet from one of our most audacious and original young writers.
- Author BiographyBorn in New York in 1978, Jesse Ball is the author of fourteen books, including the novels Samedi the Deafness and How to Set a Fire and Why. His prizewinning works of absurdity have been published to acclaim in many parts of the world and translated into more than a dozen languages. He is on the facultyat the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Author(s)Jesse Ball
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage Contemporaries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.