All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionA genetically engineered cure for the common cold-a simple, inexpensively grown plant-turns out to be a cure for cancer and threatens to make most other drugs obsolete. The discovery triggers a crisis of medical and corporate greed that sweeps the country as the government and the media conspire with Big Pharma to keep the miracle drug off the market. Alex Farmer, a drug-addicted doctor with a shattered life, and Cyd Seeley, a research assistant with a deadly secret, are inadvertently thrown together to protect a medical breakthrough that could change the face of healthcare forever. Amid the suspense of harrowing kidnappings, manhunts, political and corporate intrigue, Wall Street corruption, suicides, arrests and terrifying escapes-in the Montana wilderness, in the high-tech world of Houston, Texas, in the political cesspool of Washington D.C., and on a vast Indian reservation-Alex and Cyd fight to survive a perilous journey where the fate of a healthy planet hinges on the survival of a tiny seed. A critically acclaimed work of literature reviewed as one of the best new books of the year, A Cure To Die For is a timely thriller that is part adventure, part mystery and part love story; a vel about two people who stand against a broken world.
- Author BiographyStephen G. Mitchell follows his critically acclaimed debut novel A Cure To Die For with the dystopian novel 2076: A Revolutionary Thriller, a timely and relevant book about a tomorrow ruled by the plutocrats of today; a story about two enemies who unite in a forbidden love that threatens to tear their worlds apart. A writer of fast-paced stories filled with compelling characters, Mr. Mitchell has pursued a variety of careers that afforded him the time to write. He has been a salesman and sales trainer, television producer and syndicator, builder/developer/ contractor, ski instructor, screenwriter and cowboy. He is, perhaps, the only unarmed man in Montana and lives in a 19th Century Victorian with his lifelong companion, Beverly, two dogs and three cats.
- Author(s)Stephen G Mitchell
- PublisherCreative Artists Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Artists Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.