All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Cycle of the West rewards its readers with a sweeping saga of the American West and John G. Neihardt's exhilarating vision of frontier history. It is infused with wonder, stalgia, and a keen appreciation of epic history. Unquestionably the masterpiece of the poet who has been called the American Homer, A Cycle of the West celebrates the land and legends of the Old West in five narrative poems: The Song of Three Friends (1919), The Song of Hugh Glass (1915), The Song of Jed Smith (1941), The Song of the Indian Wars (1925), and The Song of the Messiah (1935). This unforgettable epic of discovery, conquest, courage, and tragedy speaks movingly and resoundingly of a unique American experience.
- Author BiographyInternationally known for Black Elk Speaks, John G. Neihardt (1881-1973) was a noted author in several genres. His essays and literary criticism are collected in Knowledge and Opinion (Nebraska 2002).
- Author(s)John G. Neihardt
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteMap
- Weight885 g
- Width160 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.