All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA QUESTION OF UPBRINGING. A BUYER'S MARKET. THE ACCEPTANCE WORLD. Anthony Powell's brilliant twelve-novel sequence chronicles the lives of over three hundred characters, and is a unique evocation of life in twentieth-century England. It is unrivalled for its scope, its humour and the enormous pleasure it has given to generations. These first three novels in the sequence follow Nicholas Jenkins, Kenneth Widmerpool and others, as they negotiate the intellectual, cultural and social hurdles which stand between them and the 'Acceptance World'.
- Author BiographyAnthony Powell was born in 1905. After working in publishing and as a scriptwriter, he began to write for the Daily Telegraph in the mid-1930s. He served in the army during World War II and subsequently became the fiction reviewer on the TLS. Next came five years as literary editor of Punch. He was appointed a Companion of Honour in 1988. In addition to the twelve-novel sequence, A Dance to the Music of Time, Anthony Powell was the author of seven other novels, and four volumes of memoirs, To Keep the Ball Rolling. He died in March 2000.
- Author(s)Anthony Powell
- Date of Publication02/10/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleA Dance to the Music of Time
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight510 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.