All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty years ago, Ray Campbell, w a cautious risk-management consultant, was a well-intentioned aid worker dedicated to improving conditions in Lubanda, a newly independent African country. He is forced to reconsider that year of living dangerously when a friend from his time in Lubanda is found murdered in a New York alley. Signs suggest that this most recent tragedy is rooted in the far more distant one of Martine Aubert, the only woman Ray ever truly loved and whose fate he'd sealed in a moment of grievous error: In Lubanda, twenty years before, I'd rolled the dice for a woman who was t even present at the table, and on the outcome of that toss, a braver and more kwing heart than mine had been forfeited. Martine Aubert was a white, native Lubandan farmer whose dream for her homeland starkly conflicted with those charged with its so-called development. But Ray's failure to understand Martine's commitment to her country had placed a ose around her neck, one tightened by a circle of vicious men, cruel taunts, and whistling machetes. It is Ray's return to the passion he'd once felt for Martine that makes A Dancer in the Dust the enthralling and moving story of two loves: Ray's love for Martine Aubert, and Martine's love for a homeland that did t love her back.
- Author BiographyThomas H. Cook has been nominated for seven Edgar Awards in five different categories. He is the recipient of the Best Novel Edgar Award for The Chatham School Affair, the Martin Beck Award of the Swedish Academy of Detection, the Herodotus Prize for Best Historical Short Story, and the Barry Award for Best Novel for Red Leaves. His most recent novel was the critically acclaimed Sandrine's Case.
- Author(s)Thomas H Cook
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.