Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 6 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo a thirteen-year-old Vermont farm boy whose father slaughters pigs for a living, maturity comes early as he learns doing what's got to be done, especially regarding his pet pig who cant produce a litter.
- Author BiographyRobert Newton Peck comes from generations of Yankee farmers. Like the Vermont folk he writes about in his novel, he was raised as a boy in the Shaker Way, which endured even after the sect itself had died out. Its view of life is embodied in the character of his young protagonist's father, who believed that a faith is more blessed when put to use than when put to word: A man's worship counts for naught, unless his dog and cat are the better for it. From the Hardcover edition.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/09/1994
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Weight90 g
- Width109 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.