All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis chrology for 2004 to 2013 compiles the chapters on Mozambique previously published in the Africa Yearbook. Politics, Ecomy and Society South of the Sahara. The country has over the years remained one of the poorest, and poverty is t declining. But the discovery of huge gas fields could bring changes by the mid 2020s. During the period under review, the sheen began to fade from Mozambique's status as a dor darling, as dors increasingly objected to corruption while government was angered by dor impositions and took an increasingly automous line. The former liberation movement Frelimo remains the predominant party and has won all national elections, while two presidents have stepped down after two terms. The main opposition party Renamo retains an armed wing launching small military actions. A second opposition party gained control of four cities. A younger and better-educated generation that remembers neither the liberation struggle r the 1982-92 civil war is beginning to challenge the established leadership.
- Author BiographyJoseph Hanlon is visiting senior research fellow in Development at the Open University, Milton Keynes, England, and a visiting senior fellow at the Department of International Development of the London School of Economics. He has been writing about Mozambique since 1978. His most recent books are Do Bicycles Equal Development in Mozambique (2008) and Chickens and Beer: A Recipe for Agricultural Growth in Mozambique (2014). Since 1992 he has been editor of the Mozambique Political Process Bulletin. His Mozambique website is http://www.bit.ly/mozamb.
- Author(s)Joseph Hanlon
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight148 g
- Width12 mm
- Height18 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.