All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Yorkshireman Chris Ruffle decided to build a vineyard complete with a Scottish castle in the midst of the countryside in eastern China, he was expecting difficulties, but thing on the scale he encountered. But build it he did, and the wine is w flowing.A Decent Bottle of Wine in China tells the unique story of an adventurer determined to make his dream come true regardless of what strange and formidable obstacles are placed in his path.
- Author BiographyChris Ruffle has a degree in Chinese from Oxford. He sold Fairy Toilet Soap for Procter & Gamble in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, before moving to Beijing in 1983 to work for metal trader Wogen Resources. After studying Japanese at Sheffield University he became a financial analyst in in Tokyo in the late 1980s then moved to Taiwan. He was one of the earliest foreign investors in China's domestic stock market on behalf of Scottish fund manager Martin Currie. He is now based in Shanghai where he manages specialist China funds. Previous publications include China: An Insider's Guide .
- Author(s)Chris Ruffle
- PublisherEarnshaw Books Limited
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationVoeux Road Central
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintEarnshaw Books Limited
- Weight272 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.