Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionA Desolation of Learning asks whether our schools are any better today, despite successive curriculum interventions and restructurings since 1997. Disappointed by the dumbing down of the curriculum, wearied by the never-ending drive to 'modernise' children's 'educational experience' and caught up in a programme of social engineering, good teachers have been left dispirited and disillusioned.TThe book tells the story of the Government's continued failure to educate our children. A radical and engaging critique of current British education policy and practice, A Desolation of Learning should be an encouragement and a stimulus to all those, parent and practitioner alike, who have in recent years felt increasingly uneasy with the direction of government policy and come to grieve the steady disappearance from the curriculum of traditional educational values.
- Author(s)Chris Woodhead
- PublisherPencil-Sharp Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPencil-Sharp Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/05/2016
- Content Note20 figures
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.