All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe good Samaritan, the prodigal son, the lost sheep--more than one third of all that Jesus taught is found in the form of parables. Now from J. Barrie Shepherd comes a fresh, positive approach to the best kwn and loved of Jesus' teachings. This unique collection of meditations offers morning and evening reflections for thirty-one days--each centered on one of the parables of Jesus. Every prayer is an insightful and inspirational response that applies the truth of the parable to daily life. An excellent idea for personal reading, this diary includes a full page of space opposite each prayer that can be used for writing tes, feelings, thoughts, and reactions. Ideal as devotional aids, these perceptive meditations are also a perfect resource for groups studying the parables.
- Author BiographyJ. Barrie Shepherd retired in 2000 after serving as Senior Minister of the historic First Presbyterian Church in New York City. An author and poet, he has written twelve books, and more than 400 of his poems have appeared in sacred and secular publications.
- Author(s)J. Barrie Shepherd
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/03/1981
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width127 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.