All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis A to Z is the most up-to-date dictionary of building, surveying, and civil engineering terms and definitions available. Written by an experienced team of experts in the respective fields, it covers in over 7,500 entries the key areas of construction techlogy and practice, civil and construction engineering, construction management techniques and processes, and legal aspects such as contracts and procurement. Illustrations complement entries where necessary and other extra features include entry-level web links, which are listed and regularly updated on a companion website. Its wide coverage makes it the ideal reference for students of construction and related areas, as well as for professionals in the field.
- Author BiographyProf Christopher Gorse is Head of the Centre for the Built Environment at Leeds Metropolitan University. He has undertaken research and consultancy in construction, law and sustainability. Dr David Johnston is a Reader in Low Carbon Construction, lecturing in Environmental Science, Services and Construction Technology at Leeds Metropolitan University. He has undertaken research and consultancy on low carbon construction and contributed to research programmes that have informed recent changes to the Building Regulations. Dr Martin Pritchard is a Reader in Civil Engineering at Leeds Metropolitan University. He is a Civil Engineer and has conducted extensive international work on water purification systems and developed sustainable approaches to infrastructure works in developing countries. He also has a particular interest in geotechnics.
- Author(s)Christopher Gorse,David Johnston,Governor General of Canada
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notec. 50 line drawings
- Weight374 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.