All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterest in the ways of the early church has never been more intense. What did early Christians believe about the divinity of Christ? What were the beliefs of those who sat at the feet of Jesus' disciples? Now, for the first time, a unique dictionary has been developed to allow easy access to the ancient material and furnish ready answers to these questions and others like them. David W. Bercot has painstakingly combed the writings of these early church leaders and categorized the heart of their thinking into more than 700 theological, moral, and historical topics to create A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs. Wonderfully suited for devotional or thematic study as well as sermon illustration, this resource offers a window into the world of the early church and affords a special opportunity to examine topically the thoughts of students of the original apostles, as well as other great lights in the life of the early church. - Collects relevant comments on key Christian concepts from prominent figures such as Origen, Clement of Alexandria, Clement of Rome, and Hippolytus.- Includes key biblical verses associated with a given topic.- Offers brief definitions of unfamiliar terms or concepts, allowing easy access to the ancient material.- Provides a Who's Who of ante-Nicene Christianity to put in context the ancient Christian writers.- Discusses more than 700 key theological, moral, and historical topics.- Gives strategic cross-reverences to related topics.- Functions as a topical index to the writings of the Ante-Nicene Fathers.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Bercot, an Anglican priest and an attorney, graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University and Baylor University School of Law. He is the author of Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up and is a member of the North American Patristics Society.
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication16/10/1997
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight1184 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byDavid W Bercot
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.