All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this volume is twofold. First, it is to provide European Baptists with a useful reference work concerning their own heritage, their common fund of essential belief and understanding, but also the diversity of practice amongst them. Secondly, it aims to identify these issues for the benefit of those who want to kw what Baptists believe and why they hold their distinctive beliefs, what, in fact, makes Baptists tick. Themes running through this collection of articles include ecclesiology, worship and litrugy, diaconal sevices, all aspects of theology, mission, ethics, history and heritage, Baptist organisations and ecumenical relations. There are also articles on Baptist witness, past and present, in every nation represented within the European Baptist Federation.
- Author BiographyJohn H. Y. Briggs, M.A., F.R.Hist.Soc. is Senior Research Fellow in Church History and Director of the Centre for Baptist History and Heritage at Regent's Park College, University of Oxford. He is also Research Professor in Baptist History at International Baptist Theological Seminary. John is a past chairman of the Baptist World Alliance's Baptist History and Heritage Commission (1990-95). He was editor of The Baptist Quarterly between 1985-2008.
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight1050 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJohn H. Y. Briggs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.