Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.88+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining over 6,400 entries on all aspects of both human and physical geography, this best-selling dictionary is the most comprehensive single-volume reference work of its kind. It includes coverage of cartography, surveying, meteorology, climatology, ecology, population, industry, and development, as well as up-to-date treatment of fast-changing topics such as plate tectonics, remote sensing, geographic information systems, and aerial differentiation. For this new edition, all existing entries have been fully revised and updated, and there is w expanded coverage of ecomic geography (e.g. neo-liberalism), recent developments in geopolitics (e.g. 9/11 responses and the geographical implications of war on terror), and geography of finance (e.g. global production). It also focuses on the increasingly prominent areas of globalization and the anti-globalization movement, landscape restoration, the digital divide, and issues of governance. Feature panels provide in-depth information on key areas such as the history of geography, demographic transition, and central place theory. Further reading has been added to many entries. This edition also contains recommended web links for many entries, accessed and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Geography companion website. Loaded with clear, concise, and authoritative information, this A-Z reference work is essential for all students and teachers of geography.
- Author BiographySusan Mayhew has taught geography at every level - from Year 7 to undergraduate - for 40 years, and is dedicated to the demystification of geography.
- Author(s)Susan Mayhew
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Paperback Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date14/01/2015
- Content NoteCharts, diagrams, and maps
- Weight401 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.