All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Dictionary of Human Geography is a brand new addition to Oxford's Paperback Reference Series, offering over 2,000 clear and concise entries on human geography terms. From basic terms and concepts to biographical entries, acronyms, organisations, and major periods and schools in the history of human geography, it provides up-to-date, accurate, and accessible information. It also includes entry-level web links that are listed and regularly updated on a dedicated companion website. This dictionary is a reliable reference for students of human geography and ancillary subjects, for researchers and professionals in the field, and for interested generalists.
- Author BiographyAlisdair Rogers is a Fellow of Keble College, Oxford University, where he teaches geography. He has written and contributed to textbooks at all levels of education, from primary school to advanced degree courses. He is the founding and chief editor of an academic journal, Global Networks: A Journal of Transnational Affairs (Wiley-Blackwell). Noel Castree is Professor of Human Geography at Manchester University and has a wide range of expertise in the subject. He has authored and edited several books, including Nature (2005, Routledge), Remaking Reality (with Bruce Braun, 1998, Routledge), and David Harvey: A Critical Reader (with Derek Gregory, 2008). He is also a senior editor of the recent International Encyclopedia of Human Geography (2009, Elsevier) and a contributor to the Encyclopedia of Human Geography and the forthcoming International Encyclopedia of Geography (2014, Wiley-Blackwell). Rob Kitchin is a Professor of Human Geography and Director of the National Institute for Regional and Spatial Analysis (NIRSA) at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. He has published widely across the social sciences, including 20 books, and he is an editor of the international journals Progress in Human Geography and Dialogues in Human Geography, and for eleven years was the editor of Social and Cultural Geography. He was an editor-in-chief of the 12 volume International Encyclopedia of Human Geography.
- Author(s)Alisdair Rogers,Noel Castree,Rob Kitchin
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note10 line drawings, c. 6 maps
- Weight422 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.