All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe method and plan of this dictionary of Jamaican English are basically the same as those of the Oxford English Dictionary , but oral sources have been extensively tapped in addition to detailed coverage of literature published in or about Jamaica since 1655. It contains information about the Caribbean and its dialects, and about Creole languages and general linguistic processes. Entries give the prounciation, part-of-speach and usage of labels, spelling variants, etymologies and dated citations, as well as definitions. Systematic indexing indicates the extent to which the lexis is shared with other Caribbean countries.
- Author BiographyF.G. Cassidy was a well-known linguist and the chief editor of The Dictionary of American Regional English. R.B. LePage taught at the Universities of the West Indies and York. He is the author of numerous publications, including Creole Language Studies, The National Language Question, and Vernacular Literacy.
- PublisherUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2002
- SubjectBilingual Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Out-of-print date06/01/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byF.G. Cassidy,R.B.Le Page
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.