All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionBuddhism has permeated Japanese life and thought so deeply that kwledge of it is essential for a true understanding of any aspect of Japanese culture. This dictionary, with nearly five thousand entries on Buddhist terms, personal names, ceremonies, texts, and sects, will be of special interest to scholars and students of literature. Most entries have been drawn from such classics as Shasekishu Kokon chomonju, Hojoki, Makura soshi, Tsurezure-gusa, Heike mogatari, and Taiheiki. Hisao Inagaki received a PhD from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and is a professor at Ryukoku University in Kyoto.
- Author BiographyPG O'Neill is Professor of Japanese at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, where he also obtained his Ph.D. in 1957 with a thesis on traditional Japanese drama.
- PublisherStone Bridge Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkeley CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStone Bridge Press
- Weight857 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byHisao Inagaki
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.