All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat distinguishes realism from 'classic bourgeois' realism and magic realism? How does a Shakespearean sonnet differ from a Spenserian or a Petrarchan sonnet? Who were the Cambridge Critics, the Graveyard Poets and the Tribe of Ben? The answers to these and many other literary questions are provided in this expanded and updated edition of Martin Gray's much-acclaimed Dictionary. Wide in scope, it explains concepts and topics thatn range from the familiar to the comparativley esoteric and that cover such fields as literary movements (Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Imagism), genres and sub-genres (tragedy, elegy, roman a these), technical language (anapaest, synecdoche, hamartia), and schools of literary theory (structuralism, deconstructionism, feminist criticism). The result is a clear, lively and imformative guide through the bewildering maze of literary termilogy, and one that will enhance the reader's enjoyment of literary studies.
- Author(s)Martin Gray
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication16/11/1992
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleYork Handbooks S.
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight432 g
- Width169 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.