All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionJ.R.R. Tolkien is the father of modern fantasy. He created characters and a world so rich with details--and so unique--that it warranted a whole new vocabulary along with it. His creation of language is t surprising, considering his first civilian job following his service during World War I was working on the Oxford English Dictionary. Inside, you'll find a chrology of Tolkien's life, along with a short biography and an explanation of his writings. Then flip through the dictionary to discover terms like Aglarond, the great caverns beneath Helm's Deep, or the Black Riders and the mystery surrounding them--among many other terms. This companion serves as a terrific resource for all those in love with Middle Earth and its inhabitants. Luxurious rich brown flexibound cover.Perfect for Tolkien fans, linguists, or anyone prone to fantasy. Tolkien: A Dictionary is a beautiful addition to any home library, and makes a great conversation piece. This work is ufficial and is t authorized by the Tolkien Estate or HarperCollins Publishers.
- Author BiographyDavid Day is the author of five major books on the world of J.R.R. Tolkien, including Guide to Tolkien's World: A Bestiary and A Guide to Tolkien. Together with Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopedia, these books have been translated into 16 languages, and have sold in excess of two million copies. A Canadian living in Toronto, Day has also published over thirty other books of mythology, history, fantasy, fiction, and poetry, for both adults and children.
- Author(s)Woodside Professor of Leadership and Management David Day
- PublisherThunder Bay Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- FormatLeather / fine binding
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThunder Bay Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width135 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Leather, imitation
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.