All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique discography of 78 RPM recordings extensively profiles solo and group horn performers, including chamber ensemble and orchestra recordings. This work provides, in addition to detailed data about individual recordings, invaluable commentary on actual selected 78 RPM recordings. Some of the recordings are longer available in reissue and are therefore t easily accessible to the general public. Biographical information contributes to the wealth of researched information this discography provides. This discography of 78 RPM horn recordings fills a gap in bibliographic literature concerning horn recordings. A valuable reference to hornists, musicians, and discographers, the exhaustive, descriptive detail consists of data collected from numerous sources. Both well-kwn and obscure artists are researched.
- Author BiographyAMY McBETH is an active freelance horn player and has taught at several colleges and universities. She is currently working on A History of Hornists and Horn Playing in the Hollywood Film Industry from 1930-1960 and a Discography of the Horn in Pop, Jazz and Big Band.
- Author(s)Amy McBeth
- Date of Publication25/11/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDiscographies: Association for Recorded Sound Collections Discographic Reference
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 74.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight501 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.