All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Distant Drummer attends more to F. Scott Fitzgerald's aesthetic merits, ideas, style, techniques, context of his works and less to biographical details which, critics believe, are intricately interwoven within his works. In striving to respond to Fitzgerald's artistry away from the impulse of the author's personal experience, it is - in a very strange paradox - more attuned and, in consequence, closer to Fitzgerald, who wanted his fiction to be objectively judged and free of the stigma which besmirches his reputation.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Jamal Assadi, Assistant Professor, is Chair of Teacher Administration and of the English Department at the College of Sakhnin for Teacher Education in Israel. He received his Ph.D. in modern American fiction from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne in England. In addition to numerous articles in professional journals, he is the author of Acting, Rhetoric, & Interpretation in Selected Novels by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Saul Bellow (Peter Lang, 2006), Practicum Guide (2006), and children stories. William Freedman is Professor Emeritus of English Literature at the University of Haifa and a teacher in the English Department at the College of Sakhnin for Teacher Education in Israel. He has published two books of literary criticism, an oral history of baseball fans, numerous critical and theoretical essays, and poetry in various literary journals and reviews. Most recently, he has published a collection of his poems, Being Them All (2006).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight430 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJamal Assadi,William Freedman
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.