All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will make you laugh, make you cry and make you think in a way you have never done before. It explores both the canine condition and the human condition too, as many 'dog problems' are in fact 'people problems' but with more legs. Based on real life personal experiences of dogs that have come through our behaviour clinics or classes, it is a brutally honest and completely open expulsion of experience and kwledge expressed with great humour, insight and raw emotion. With tales of hilarity, happiness and success through to depression, grief, suicide and death, it brings to the reader a sense of perspective and compassion for others. Born of experience based on a lifetime of work with animals and close involvement with over 10.000 puppies and dogs, around 15,000 people, the breadth of experience is plain to see. The primary purpose of the book is entertainment that educates. Written in plain English, with easy to understand analogies, it is simple and enjoyable to follow. No technical kwledge of dogs or humans is required. As a public speaker I have learnt over the years, how people learn and what makes them laugh. Covering some of the most dangerous and worrying of behaviours, like dogs that bite people, dogs that aggress towards others, dogs that chase and kill things, puppy farms and many more. The range of this book provides something for everybody. It also covers the most common behaviour problems of all. One of the chapters about long coated breeds t being able to see properly and the range of behaviours that occur as a result, will help millions of dogs and owners, instantly. The blindingly obvious is obvious, only once the blindness is lifted. What could be better, puppies, dogs, people, laughter, success, heartache, real life quandaries, passion and finally, true love that conquers all. Literally.
- Author BiographyA lifetime of experience working with pet, farm and wild animals. 15 years full time experience as dog trainer and behaviourist, presenter and owner of CaDeLac dog training. Have produced the It's a dog's Life DVD. Owned 7 dogs, been involved through work with over 10,000. Successfully, competed in agility, obedience, sheep dog trials.
- Author(s)Denise Mcleod
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.