A Dominican Bibliography and Book of Reference, 1216-1992: A List of Works in English by and About Members of the Order of Friars Preachers Founded by St. Dominic De Guzman (c.1171-1221) and Confirmed by Pope Honorius III, December 22, 1216 by Charles R. Auth (Hardback, 2000)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis bibliographic listing of works in English by and about members of the Order of Friars Preachers actually begins with a translation of the confirmation of the Dominican Order by Pope Horius III on December 22, 1216. Works and lives of great Dominicans such as Saints Dominic, Catherine of Siena, Thomas Aquinas, Albert the Great, Pope Pius V, and Martin de Porres are listed. Prominent personages such as Fra Angelico, Savonarola, Bartolommeo de las Casas, Samuel Mazzuchelli, Dominic Pire (Nobel Prize recipient), and M. J. La Grange (founder of the Ecole Biblique) also appear in this work. The Dominicans founded colleges and universities around the globe, and their scholarly, historical, and artistic works have illumined the world for almost eight hundred years. This bibliography is an invaluable resource for scholars and researchers covering a wide range of topics.
- Author BiographyThe Compiler: For over thirty years, Fr. Charles R. Auth, O.P. was the Librarian of the Dominican House of Studies near Catholic University in Washington, D.C. With degrees in theology and library science, he began a lifelong, worldwide search to compile this bibliography of works in English by and about Dominicans. He continued this work at the Dominican Bibliographical Center in Hawthorne, New York, until his death in 1995.
- Author(s)Charles R. Auth
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight1380 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJames A. Driscoll,James R. Emond
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.