All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionYoung mirity men are often portrayed in popular media as victims of poverty and discrimination. A Dream Denied delves deeper, investigating the social and cultural implications of the American dream narrative for young mirity men in the juvenile justice systems in Boston and Chicago. This book connects young male offenders' cycles of desistance and recidivism with rmative assumptions about success and failure in American society, exposing a tragic disconnect between structural reality and juvenile justice policy. This book challenges us to reconsider how American society relates to its most vulnerable members, how it responds to their personal failures, and how it promises them a better future.
- Author BiographyMichaela Soyer is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology at Hunter College.
- Author(s)Michaela Soyer
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.