All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionAt other time in history have lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) relationships and families been more visible or numerous. This anthology recognizes and celebrates this moment by exploring what the idea of family means to people today, through personal essays about the broad range of relationships they create. A Family by Any Other Name features stories about coming out of the closet and dating, marriage and parenting, and divorce and coping with the death of a spouse. The essays are by turns funny, provocative, and intelligent, but all are moving and honest. Including a wide range of perspectives on queer relationships and families -- there are essays on coming out, same-sex marriage, adopting, having biological kids, polyamorous relationships, families without kids, divorce, and dealing with the death of a spouse, as well as essays by straight writers about having a gay parent or child -- in one book, this collection offers honest and moving real-life stories about relationships and creating families in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyBruce Gillespie is editor in chief for J-Source.ca and coeditor of Somebody's Child: Stories About Adoption and Nobody's Father: Life Without Kids. An assistant professor at Wilfrid Laurier University's Brantford Campus, where he teaches journalism, he lives in Simcoe, Ontario.
- Author(s)Bruce Gillespie
- PublisherTouchWood Editions
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTouchWood Editions
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.