All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis describes the physics and computational aspects of an end-to-end simulator to predict the performance of a Space-based Far Infrared Interferometer. The present thesis also includes, the science capabilities and instrumental state-of-the art. The latter is the ambitious next step which the Far-Infrared Astrophysical community needs to take to improve in anyway on the results of the most recent and current space telescopes in this wavelength region. This thesis outlines the requirements involved in such a mission and describes the most promising technique to capture most of the astrophysical information by combining spectroscopy to spatial interferometer. The simulation of such a system is extremely complex requiring multiple Fourier transforms each of which is subject to instrument n-idealities and appropriate optimization techniques. As a conclusion, the thesis provides an example of the basic performance achievable with such an instrument when targeting a young star formation region.
- Author BiographyDr Roser Juanola-Parramon holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UPC, Barcelona, Spain, an M.S. in Telecommunications Engineering from UPC, Barcelona, Spain, an M.S. in Photonics, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain, and a Ph.D. in Astrophysics from University College London, London, UK, where he received the Jon Darius Prize (2014)for Outstanding Postgraduate Research in Astrophysics.
- Author(s)Roser Juanola-Parramon
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/05/2016
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 72 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight426 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.